Saturday, March 04, 2006

Travel To Uganda - A Kingdom Of Birds

Lots of birders plan vacations specifically to see birds. While I've not done exactly that, I do make it a point to go bird-watching where I go.

One place that has not been on my radar for birding is Africa. What a mistake. The more I ready about Africa, the more excited I become. Right now, I work with a woman from Tanzania, and I've spent hours listening to her talk about the wonders of her country....another place that is now high of my list of places to visit.

============

Travel To Uganda - A Kingdom Of Birds: "

Uganda is an equatorial country with an amazing diversity of Habitats. Truly a Kingdom of Birds, Uganda hosts over 1000 bird species, both Albertine Rift endemics as well as rarities with half of the species known on the African continent, and over 10% of those on record throughout the entire world. For a birding safari, Uganda is a perfect destination."

============

I suppose this should have been on my radar. The end of last year, National Geographic magazine was operating a 24/7 wildlife cam at a watering hole in Botswana. I was completely enthralled watching the animals come and go to this particular watering hole - which included many birds - many which were obviously new to me.

So the next time you think of a birding vacation - or any vacation - think of the wonders of Africa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home