Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bird Songs

Do you ever wonder which bird is singing that beautiful note you are hearing? I do that all the time.

When looking at various bird guides, they always include something to give you an idea of what that sound will sound like. But...I don't know about you...but it never sounds like I read it. Besides, usually, I ONLY hear the bird, not see it.

One of my favorite bird songs is made by the RedWing Blackbird. I just get thrilled every time I hear it. But it just does not sound like chortle-deeeeee.

I have a cd that plays sounds and identifies birds, but I don't find it useful. Since I don't know what bird I'm hearing, it makes no sense to listen through both CD's to find the sound of one bird.

So...other than taking an expert at sound identification out with you every time, how did you learn the bird songs? What resources do you use?

I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home